2006/05/17

WTO and I

good evening,ladies and gentlemen. It's really a great honor for me to stand here and give you my speech.

When I was in middle school,I have read the word WTO in newspaper. It was said that once China joined the World Trade Organization,every family would have their own cars and the future of China would be bright.

Now with the ink on the agreement signed by WTO ministers on November 10 barely dry,we need to think more about it.

It is a perfect chance for the Chinese economy. For the whole world is an open market to us,the Chinese enterprises can develop their overseas market,as our many products have an advantage of price. But entering the WTO itself brings an impact,for China will also be an open market to the world. The state owned enterprises will not be optimistic and more workers could be laid off. Chinese farmers will be threatened by the imported grains and numbers of them could be forced to leave the countryside to cities,where new jobs will have to be created for them. But anyway,if the government and every citizen can be aware of what we are facing,then make an effort to overcome the difficulties,China will be certainly be more wonderful in the future.

And finally,China's entry into the WTO means more chances and challenges for everyone. For myself,I am going to graduate from university and go to work in less than two years. That's an important turn in my life. But before that I'll have to learn more knowledge and pass some international attested examination .I believe everyone has his own chances and challenges. We are in a hopeful and challenging world,we'd better do our better and be prepared.

WTO is coming. a new chapter of Chinese history is waiting to be written,the choice of what to write is in the hands of ours. Just consider this,my friends.

Thank you.

2001-11-21

没有评论: